Account Policy: Due to spam problems, we have disabled the ability to create new accounts and to edit/move pages without moderator approval; our experience on the ns-2 wiki with Mediawiki captchas has been ineffective. If you would like to edit this wiki, please email  with your username and we will enable it for write privileges. Note: ns-2 has a separate wiki, at http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/
- A new feature release, ns-3.20, is scheduled for mid-April, 2014.
- Friday March 21, 2014, 19h00 UTC: Student application deadline for the 2014 Google Summer of Code. Project ideas page.
- Monday April 20, 2014: Demo and Poster submission deadline for the Workshop on ns-3.
- May 5-6, 2014: The ns-3 Consortium will offer two days of user training in Atlanta, preceding the Workshop on ns-3.
- Wednesday May 7, 2014: The sixth annual Workshop on ns-3 will be held in Atlanta, GA.
- May 8-9, 2014: Developer meetings and ns-3 Consortium annual plenary, Atlanta GA.
- 20 December 2013: A new feature release, ns-3.19, was released.
- 7-8 December 2013: NITK, Surathkal WiNG’s TEQIP-II Sponsored Workshop on Network Simulation using ns-3
- 3 December 2013: ns-allinone-3.18.2 was released to fix a regression in the DCE build system.
- 15 November 2013: ns-3.18.1, a maintenance release of ns-3.18 (previously released in August), was released.
- 15 November 2013: A documentation sprint was held.
- 4 November: The 16th Annual ACM International Conference on Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM), Barcelona Spain, featured a demonstration of Direct Code Execution (DCE), featuring two typical use cases of DCE: information-centric networking over mobile ad hoc network using the PARC CCNx code, and a seamless handoff experiment based on a Linux Multipath TCP (MP-TCP) implementation.
- September through December: Dizhi Zhou has worked on an European Space Agency Summer of Code in Space (SOCIS) project, to implement the DTN Bundle Protocol.
- September: ns-3 Google Summer of Code final reviews for our two GSoC students:
- ns-3.18 was released on 29 August 2013.
- 4 August 2013: ns-3 was selected to the ESA Summer of Code in Space (SOCIS) program. Our project ideas page contains more information. One student (Dizhi Zhou) was selected.
- 27 May 2013: Accepted two students (Junling Bu and Budiarto Herman) for Google Summer of Code.
- ns-3.17 was released on 14 May 2013.
- 6-8 March 2013, ns-3 developers meeting was hosted by INRIA. Meeting notes
- 5 March 2013, WNS3-2013: The fifth annual Workshop on ns-3, Cannes, France.
- 4 March 2013, NS-3 Consortium annual meeting was held at INRIA.
Current ns-3-dev Build and Test Results
We use the Jenkins continuous integration (CI) tool to regularly test our development tree.
See our community portal.