Bugzilla – Bug 1809
lr-wpan features needed
Last modified: 2013-12-04 04:55:28 EST
(copied from ns-developers message from Tommaso Pecorella, Oct 17 2013).
The list of changes I'd like to include in lr-wpan before its inclusion in ns-3 are:
1) packet collisions: 2 packets sent by 2 nodes shall not be received correctly by a 3rd node. One of them have to be discarded.
2) ACKs for data packets
3) callbacks (or traces) for relevant data about packet transmission, i.e., how many retransmissions it needed for successful transmission.
4) NetDevice compliance. 6LoWPAN should be able to hook on lr-wpan.
Other features I'd strongly like and I'm willing to work on:
1) 2011 standard compliance. It's mainly a matter of re-designing an API.
2) Beacons and node association (this is the part I have implemented and I'm not happy with)
LrWpanNetDevice::SetAddress() should handle also extended addresses
(In reply to Tom Henderson from comment #0)
I already implemented feature number 2 (ACKs for data packets). However, this i still have to verify correct operation. This will happen in the next few days/weeks.
While implementing this feature i partially implemented and fixed feature number 1 (Packet collisions). The LrWpanPhy did not correctly implement its state machine. Sending and receiving at the same time lead to crashes. I think that i fixed this. For packet collisions i currently drop every but the first packet being received. The first one is always correctly received in such a case. However, the signal powers of the other packets should be considered for the first packet as well. Because i do not know how to correctly model this, someone else has to implement it.
I will post my modifications as soon as i have tested them.