There are several ways to contribute code to ns-3:
- Contribute to the main tree
- Send contributed code to one of the maintainers, for archiving on the project website (and listing here)
- Maintain or archive your code at your own site and add a link here
Contributed code under review for the main tree
The preferred place for contributed code to end up is in our main tree. See section 2 of the Current_Development page for a listing of all code that is under review for the main tree.
Contributed code in src/contrib
Please note that the src/contrib/ directory in ns-3 is a place for experimental code or code that the maintainers have not yet committed to accepting into the main tree. Some ns-3 code (such as statistics code) started out by living in the src/contrib/ directory while it was being evaluated. This is an alternate target for contributing your code.
Contributed code not maintained by the project
Not all code will end up being merged-- some is being maintained by third party sites or maintainers. This section can be used to list this other code. Note also that if you want the ns-3 project to maintain a tarball of your scripts or models for long-term archiving, we can list it here.
|Pastry DHT Port||Charilaos Papadopoulos||early beta||Personal Website|
|Access point address manager||Francesco Malandrino||early beta||Download ap-address-manager.cc/h|
These ns-3 repositories may be of interest to future users; many of them are prototypes that were never merged to the main tree and have been abandoned.
- SWIG bindings for ns-3 (Craig Dowell)
- nam (ns-2 network animator) for ns-3 (Mathieu Lacage)
- yans port to ns-3 (Mathieu Lacage)
- ns-3 netlink sockets (Liu Jian)
- quagga porting (Liu Jian)
- ns-3 parallelized branch (Hagen Paul Pfeifer)
- MPI infrastructure (Hagen Paul Pfeifer)
- worker parallelization (Hagen Paul Pfeifer)
- toy http model (Raj Bhattacharjea)
- experimental wifi scanning (Gustavo Carneiro)