Schedule for 1.0 release
15th March, 2013: call for voluntary to walk through tutorial document and testing
- 30th March, 2013: new feature freeze
- (2weeks before release, TBD): code freeze
- (TBD): RC-1
- (TBD): dce-1.0 release
Call for volunteers of Testing, Reviewing
We, Direct Code Execution (DCE) project, are going to release the first version of DCE with coming April release of ns-3. We would like to ask your help for document reviews and tests.
The followings are the instruction to the test. If you have any question, please drop an email to me (Hajime Tazaki: tazaki at sfc.wide.ad.jp).
Document for Review
- Quick Start Guide: http://www.nsnam.org/~thehajime/ns-3-dce-next-doc/doc/build/html/index.html
- User's Guide: http://www.nsnam.org/~thehajime/ns-3-dce-next-doc/doc/build/html/dce-user-doc.html
- Follow Quick Start Guide and check whether contents are correct and able to finish without any issues.
- (If possible) Follow User's Guide and check whether contents are correct and able to finish without any issues.
OS: (Distribution, e.g. Ubuntu 12.04 64bits) Result: 1 (Quick Start Guide): Success/Fail/Other 2 (User's Guide): Success/Fail/Other Comments:
|CoojaLoaderFactory with elf-loader||Should work, but won't support||Unsupported (Bug1513)|
|DlmLoaderFactory with elf-loader||Should work, but won't support||Unsupported (Bug1513)|
Bugs being worked
1580: doxygen description Hajime
1594: gcov coverage test support for applications over DCE Hajime
1593: support DCE sub-module under myscripts directory Hajime
1448: DCE Kernel mode. Create a helper in order to create automatically the static routes. Hajime
1513: Use Linux kernel stack for ns-3 applications Hajime
- 1455: Support the python binding of DCE Hajime
Pending code review
- Bug1513: Use Linux kernel stack for ns-3 applications
- Change Scheduling of event according to NS-3 requisite: ie use only the main thread to
Things to do
migrate repository from 'furbani' to 'code'
migrate ns-3-linux and ns-3-linux-3 repository to github's one.
- create jenkins test suite
- fix valgrind errors (so many)
- test with document (quick start guide, user's guide)
- update web page (http://www.nsnam.org/projects/direct-code-execution/)
- put stable versions/revisions to bakeconf.xml