Dce release schedule
This page describes the release process of ns-3-dce module.
Each DCE release satisfies the following requirements.
- Resolve all P1 bugs in bugzilla (dce)
- Pass all tests by test.py
- (Optional) Pass all tests with valrgrind (test.py -g)
DCE will be released newer version with the same timeframe of the ns-3 release, so that users will not be confused with the version and will see the stable version/release of DCE module.
DCE will have its own version number, tagged at release points into ns-3-dce repository.
- tag manner: dce-x.y(-RCz)
The version of DCE release is handled by using bake.
Sub-modules (quagga/umip) operations
DCE is also able to have extensions, so-called "sub-modules". The sub-modules are located under "myscripts" directory of ns-3-dce, and build all sources (i.e., models, examples, documentations, etc) with a single waf script at the top ns-3-dce directory.
The design of DCE sub-modules should be aligned with the main part of ns-3, but takes this style for the moment.
dce-quagga and dce-umip are the first examples of sub-modules. each module is managed and released separately.
Linux (distribution?) (TBD)
- DCE core module: http://code.nsnam.org/ns-3-dce
- DCE Linux module: http://github.com/thehajime/net-next-sim
- dce-1.0 April 2013
- dce-1.1 August 2013
- dce-1.2 December 2013
development support features
jenkins (regression/valgrind) coverage (with Linux)
- DCE cradle (Bug 1499)
- Elf-loader issue (Bug 1513)
- Linux 802.15.4
- ipv6 linux stack helper
- traces for arbitrary code (Bug 1598)
- python binding (Bug 1455)