Difference between revisions of "DevelMeetingNov2010"

From Nsnam
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Add to DevelMeeting category)
Line 51: Line 51:
* [http://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/DevelMeeting wiki page]
* [http://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/DevelMeeting wiki page]
* [http://www.nsnam.org/docs/meetings/march10.txt meeting notes]
* [http://www.nsnam.org/docs/meetings/march10.txt meeting notes]

Latest revision as of 10:59, 19 February 2013

Main Page - Current Development - Developer FAQ - Tools - Related Projects - Project Ideas - Summer Projects

Installation - Troubleshooting - User FAQ - HOWTOs - Samples - Models - Education - Contributed Code - Papers


The meeting will be held on Friday November 5 at the following location in International Square: 1875 I Street, N.W. 5th floor, Washington, DC, 20006 Site information

The meeting will run from 8:30am-5pm. There will be no cost to attend. We are not presently planning to provide food and beverages but instead will likely break for lunch nearby.

This meeting is three Metro stops from the site of the GENI Engineering Conference that concludes on November 4.

The meeting site is not a hotel but an office building. The Omni Shoreham will be hosting the GENI Engineering Conference. Please note that the Omni Shoreham is three metro stops away and is considered a luxury hotel from a price perspective. Attendees to the GENI meeting, who have obtained a room at the GENI rate of $181.00, should note that the Omni Shoreham has been extending the reservation to include Friday Nov. 5 if you phone them, although it is not available through the online reservation.

Online booking link for GEC hotel

Attendance and RSVP

Please contact Tom Henderson if you want to attend, because space will be limited to roughly 20 people. Please also contact if you have agenda items to suggest.


Please contribute ideas of things you would like to talk about. These topics are being developed further:

ns-3 automation

We will review the current work on automation being led by Felipe Perrone at Bucknell. See the Frameworks page. See also this Bucknell page.

If any code is available for review prior to the meeting, a link will be posted here.

Motion Planning Framework

David Claypool will present the mobility schema and tool framework that NRL has been working on.

ns-3 modular build and package management system

We will review the status and priorities for ns-3 modular build and package management system. See this page for background information.

Other topics

  • Michele Weigle will update us on Tmix and Delaybox for ns-3
  • non-internet architectures for ns-3
  • review Hemanth Narra's TDMA model or other ResiliNets work
  • Felipe Perrone may speak about his experience with ns-3, coming from an SSF background
  • talk about how to make progress on some bugs

Last developers meeting

Held in March 2010 in Malaga Spain.