This page links to more information on the projects accepted for ns-3's 2009 Google Summer of Code effort.
- Network Address Translation
- Student: Qasim Javed
- Mentor: Adrian Tam
- Abstract: Network Address Translation node model will be implemented for ns-3. Specifically, Network Address and Port Translation will be implemented for Small Office, Home Office (SOHO) environments. This work will include studying the Linux Kernel NAT implementation, and reusing ideas such as connection tracking and NAT helpers to realize NAT for ns-3.
- Minstrel Rate Adaptation
- Student Name: Duy Nguyen
- Mentor Name: Ruben Merz
- Abstract: Minstrel is a widely used and tested rate control algorithm in both madwifi driver and linux kernel, but it is yet to be implemented in NS-3. The proposal plans out the technical details for accomplishing such task in the timeline of 10 weeks, including testing and validating results with the testbeds.
- Uplink Scheduler for WiMAX
- Student Name: Flavio Kubota
- Mentor Name: Juliana Freitag Borin
- Abstract: The ns-3 WiMAX module lacks the implementation of a more sophisticated uplink scheduler for QoS provisioning. The main goal of this project is to port the uplink scheduler implemented in the ns-2 WiMAX module developed by the Computer Networks Laboratory at University of Campinas to the ns-3 WiMAX module. The second goal of this project is to implement propagation and error models to allow the simulation of more realistic scenarios.
- Wiki Page: Uplink Scheduler for WiMAX