Difference between revisions of "GSOC2015LTECA"
(→Carrier Aggregation support for the LTE module)
Revision as of 14:08, 1 May 2015
Carrier Aggregation support for the LTE module
Student: Danilo Abrignani
- Abstract: 3GPP standardizes, in release R10, the Carrier Aggregation (CA) technology. This consists of the possibility, for a single user equipment (UE), to aggregate Radio Resources belonging to different carriers, in order to have more bandwidth available, and a higher potential throughput. The idea is to improve the current LENA implementation, with CA functionalities, by implementing a sort of “proxy” between the RLC/RRC layer and MAC/Scheduler layers, associated to the multiple carriers.
- Code: soon on http://code.nsnam.org
- About me: I'm a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Bologna, Italy. My research interests are in wireless sensor network and mobile network simulation. Something more about me on my Linkedin page.
- 1st Week:
* Implementation of RRC messages for Carrier Aggregation support * Writing design documentation
- 2nd - 4th Weeks:
* Implementation of the LTE-A helper, activation of different carriers and synchronization procedure. * Writing test code and debugging. * Writing design documentation
- 5th - 6th Weeks:
* Write test documentation, submit code for review, consolidate code and documentation.
- ' 7th -8th Weeks:'
- Start writing the CA-Mac module, design documentation.
- Write test and debugging, writing test documentation, submit code for review.
- ' 9th - 10th Weeks:"
- Define a basic algorithm that takes into account QoS indicators. Write design documentation
- Writing test application and debugging. Submit code for review. Update code and documentation.
- ' 11th - 12th Weeks:'
- Unified LTE-A and LTE helpers.
- Write test applications, update documentation and code.
- Possible improvements.
- LTE-A HetNets using Carrier Aggregation, Nomor whitepaper 
- 3GPP TS 36.211
- 3GPP TS 36.213
- 3GPP TS 36.331