Back to GSoC 2022 projects
- Project Name: Perfect ARP and NDP
- Student: Zhiheng Dong
- Mentors: Tommaso Pecorella, Ameya Deshpande, Manoj Kumar Rana
- Google page: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/programs/2022/projects/DdUT09pZ
- Project Goals: The project aims to implement a “Perfect” version of ARP and NDP which produce caches that contain all needed IP address–MAC address mapping. ARP and NDP are sometimes intrusive in high level testing, it will introduce unexpected noise to the simulation (unwanted delays, packet drops, etc.). Perfect ARP/NDP can ensure every ARP/NDP look-up hits the cache so that no ARP messages or Neighbor discovery messages will be generated.
- Repository: https://gitlab.com/ZhiHengD/ns-3-dev