GSoC2018: A Simulation Execution Manager for ns-3
Revision as of 05:42, 23 May 2018 by DvdMgr
Return to GSoC 2018 Accepted Projects page.
- Project name: A Simulation Execution Manager for ns-3
- Student: Davide Magrin
- Mentor: Dizhi Zhou
- Abstract: This GSoC project will develop a Python library to automatize the ns-3 simulation script execution and result management processes.
- Proposal: PDF
- Code: Github repository
- Documentation: ReadTheDocs
- About me: I am a first-year PhD student at the University of Padova, Italy, working under the supervision of Prof. Michele Zorzi. My research interests include large scale IoT network simulation and medium access layer protocol design.
Week 1 (May 14 - May 19)
Week 1 was used to set up the project and define the structure of the code that will be necessary to get to Milestone 1. For now, code is maintained in src/stats/utils.
- Created a basic Python project using pipenv;
- Defined an initial set of classes and functions to outline code structure (code available in the sem folder);
- A detailed report can be found in the dev.txt file in the project repository.
Week 2 (May 21 - May 25)
- Moved project to its own github repository, outside ns-3-dev
- Created documentation page, available at readthedocs.