This page recap all the open questions for the migration to the git tool for managing source code.
We all agree on the fact that a giant, important step like this requires coordination, and the feedback/contribution of many people as possible, especially current maintainers. We do not want to worse their life quality, as they are the concrete walls on which ns-3 bases its life. The process of updating the source code management system will be split into different sequential phases.
Phase 1 - 30 April - 14 May: Definition of questions to be answered: Each ns-3 users can put questions on this page that he/she would like to have it answered. The questions can have multiple points. Users can add points to each question.
Phase 2 - 15 May - 09 June: Answering of questions
Phase 3 - 10 June - 17 June: Live talks in wns3
Phase 4 - 18 June - ...: Implementations
Questions for phase 1
- Should we move some modules to move to contrib?
- What modules should we move?
- Define the service we will use (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket)
- Define the official branches (stable releases, development) and how the versions are managed
- Define a workflow for stable fixes, and development fixes/features
- Define the accepted code review models
- Define the permissions of the user inside the projects
- Define how the contrib/ modules will be fetched and compiled
TO be continued