Revision as of 22:15, 19 June 2020 by Muh.iqbal.cr (Initial page)
NS-3 Summer of Code Draft
- Project Name: Wifi PHY Restructure
- Student: Muhammad Iqbal Rochman
- Mentors: Sebastien Deronne, Hany Assasa, Getachew Redieteab
- Project Goals: Restructuring PHY layer of Wifi module, which includes WifiPhy, WifiMode, and WifiPpdu
- Repository: https://gitlab.com/kyuucr/ns-3-dev/-/tree/wifi-phy-restruct
- About: I am a graduate student of the University of Chicago. I have previously done an ns-3 GSoC project on the LAA/Wifi Coexistence module.
- Abstract: This project aims to restructure PHY layer of the Wifi module, with the goal for easier implementation of any new and upcoming 802.11 standards. Based on a preliminary work by Rediet, which decouple standard-specific declaration from the main WifiPhy processes (sending, receiving). These standard-specific declaration are further abstracted using PhyEntity. Further, we would like to separate the declaration of multiple PhyEntity from WifiPhy using PhyEntityFactory. We also identified works to be done in the WifiPpdu and WifiMode to accommodate new standards. WifiPpdu can be restructured to be a layered inheritance similar to PhyEntity, and some of PhyEntity functions can be moved to it (e.g., getting duration of a PPDU header). On the other hand, WifiMode which is responsible to Wifi MCS and rate-related calculation, may further be split to accommodate the differenct PhyEntity.