The release managers are Tom Henderson and [email@example.com Brian Swenson]. Contact them if you would like to coordinate your software inclusion with this release.
ns-3.19 is scheduled for December 18, 2013. The first release candidate is due
Friday December 13, 2013. Sunday Dec. 15.
Proposed supported platforms
Our primary platforms for this release are planned to be:
- Fedora 19/20 (32/64 bit systems)
- Ubuntu 13.10 (32/64 bit systems)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and 10.04 LTS (64 bit)
- CentOS/RHEL 6.4 (64-bit)
- Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.9 Mavericks (64 bit) with Xcode 5.0
- FreeBSD 8.4, 9.2 (64 bit) using gcc and clang compilers
ns-3.19 will be packaged as a source tarball as before: ns-allinone-3.19.tar.bz2.
The tarball will contain:
where bake is used to fetch optional ns-3 components.
This release will be mainly aimed at bug fixing and merging a few new features. After this release, we plan to take the next step at further modularizing the code.
We have merged our 2013 GSoC contributions in this release.
The following goals are being worked on at this time (items in
strikethrough are completed:
fix Python bindings generation so that it works on recent gccs (clang also?) (bug 1530)
resolve all clang errors (bug 1560)
Clang 3.2: https://codereview.appspot.com/10975043
- Visual Studio: https://codereview.appspot.com/8932044/
- Slipping to ns-3.20 release
Introduce additional time units: https://codereview.appspot.com/14632043/
- clang support
- Done: This was added Oct 20.
- look into Python bindings problem/resolution again
- Mostly done: New versions of gccxml work better; need to fix 1772 to finish off
- clean up Roadmap and CurrentDevelopment wiki pages
- Started: Roadmap page is deleted, and CurrentDevelopment has started to be updated
Bugs fixed: 1722, 1766, 1616, 1011, 1691
Fix gcc-4.8.1 static build issues: bug 1771
- Fix bug 1772 to get python bindings working reliably through bake
- (Parts of bug 1772 are now done)
consider posting an ns-3.18.1 maintenance release (bindings generation, clang support, pull DCE-1.1)
- Code reviews: see Current Development
- Maintenance release (ns-3.18.1) was posted
- Bug 938 (Doxygen) was worked during code sprint (work ongoing)
- LTE code from GSoC has been merged
- abstract EpcHelper merged
- bugs 1803, 1798, 1776, 1777, 1778
- Clang compiler fixes
New feature merges (extended from Dec. 1). These features are still being worked and may be included if finished off by the end of the week (see the Current Development page for more details on each feature):
802.11p devicemerged 3 Dec.
Time Units Conversionmerged 5 Dec.
Null Message Parallel Schedulermerged 5 Dec.
- TCP window scale and timestamps
- Slipping to ns-3.20
- Epidemic routing
- Slipping to ns-3.20
6LoWPANmerged 6 Dec.
1767, 582, 1810
Tommaso has identified this patch for IPv6 route and address printing: http://codereview.appspot.com/23240044/
- Still being considered:
- Build system: is bug 1772 (bake bindings generation) a real or obsolete issue?
- bug 1673 (needs test case)
- Post ns-allinone-3.19.rc1 (release candidate 1) on 15 December
- Test release candidates
- Release ns-allinone-3.19 on December 18 if all goes well
Bugs being worked
We will use bugzilla to track bug priorities (esp. P1 blocker bugs) for the next release.