The release manager is TBD. More information about the release plans will be posted in late June.
ns-3.21 is planned for mid-August, 2014.
ns-3.21 will be packaged as a source tarball as before: ns-allinone-3.21.tar.bz2.
The tarball will contain:
- Latest version of pybindgen
- Latest version of netanim
where bake is used to fetch optional ns-3 components, including DCE.
A patch from ns-3.20 to ns-3.21 will also be posted.
We usually try to keep pace with the latest popular versions of Linux, OS X, and FreeBSD. For the ns-3.21 release, we plan to test against the following newer operating systems:
- FreeBSD 10.0 (clang 3)
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite developer preview
- Ubuntu 14.10 (gcc-4.9)
- Fedora 21 (gcc-4.9)
as well as selected older or more stable server/LTS releases:
- Centos 6.5
- Ubuntu 10.04/12.04/14.04 LTS
- FreeBSD 9.3
Pending new features:
- Self-Delimiting Numeric Values (https://codereview.appspot.com/97540043/)
- Status: In final code review
- (enhancement) Make RttEstimator available to other modules
- (enhancement) Add propagation delay capability to SimpleChannel
Bugs in core or build system
Bugs in models to fix