The release manager is TBD. More information about the release plans will be posted in late June.
ns-3.21 is planned for mid-August, 2014.
ns-3.21 will be packaged as a source tarball as before: ns-allinone-3.21.tar.bz2.
The tarball will contain:
- Latest version of pybindgen
- Latest version of netanim
where bake is used to fetch optional ns-3 components, including DCE.
A patch from ns-3.20 to ns-3.21 will also be posted.
We usually try to keep pace with the latest popular versions of Linux, OS X, and FreeBSD. For the ns-3.21 release, we plan to support the following systems and compilers:
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks with Xcode 5.1
- Ubuntu 14.04 (gcc-4.8)
- Fedora 20 (gcc-4.8)
- Debian 7 (gcc-4.9)
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (gcc-4.4)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (gcc-4.6)
- Centos 6.4 (gcc-4.4)
- FreeBSD 9.3 (clang 3.3)
Pending new features:
- Self-Delimiting Numeric Values (https://codereview.appspot.com/97540043/)
- Status: In final code review
- (enhancement) RttEstimator improvements. The RttEstimator is a class used by TCP to track round trip time measurements and state.
- Make RttEstimator available to other modules
- move backoff management to TCP, align with RFC 6298
- Make trace source of Tcp's RTO (and perhaps SRTT and RTTVAR) easier
- TCP Options support from SOCIS TCP project
- (enhancement) Add propagation delay capability to SimpleChannel (for testing purposes)
- CoDel queue support (from GSoC bufferbloat project)
Additionally, selected features from the Current_Development#Code_reviews Current Development code reviews list will be included (to be determined).
Bugs in core or build system
Bugs in models to fix