The release manager is Tom Henderson.
ns-3.21 is planned for September 17, 2014. New feature code should be ready for merge by no later than 5 September. An initial release candidate should be available by 10 September.
ns-3.21 will be packaged as a source tarball as before: ns-allinone-3.21.tar.bz2.
The tarball will contain:
- Latest version of pybindgen
- Latest version of netanim
where bake is used to fetch optional ns-3 components, including DCE.
A patch from ns-3.20 to ns-3.21 will also be posted.
We usually try to keep pace with the latest popular versions of Linux, OS X, and FreeBSD. For the ns-3.21 release, we plan to support the following systems and compilers:
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks with Xcode 5.1
- Ubuntu 14.04 (gcc-4.8)
- Fedora 20 (gcc-4.8)
- Debian 7 (gcc-4.9)
- Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (gcc-4.4)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (gcc-4.6)
- Centos 6.4 (gcc-4.4)
- FreeBSD 9.3 (clang 3.3)
Pending new features:
- Self-Delimiting Numeric Values (https://codereview.appspot.com/97540043/)
- Status: In final code review
- TCP options code from SOCIS TCP project (including window scale and timestamps)
- Code review issue: https://codereview.appspot.com/110860043/
- RttEstimator improvements will slip until ns-3.22
- (enhancement) Add propagation delay capability to SimpleChannel (for testing purposes)
- code review issue: https://codereview.appspot.com/132870043/
- CoDel queue support (from GSoC bufferbloat project)
- FQ-CoDel and SFQ-CoDel will slip until ns-3.22
- Energy harvesting model
- Code review issue: https://codereview.appspot.com/103750047/
Software maintenance issues
- Remove emu module from codebase
- Mesh test crashes for certain configurations
- Time arithmetic consistency
- Wstrict-overflow and gcc-4.9
Bugs or issues in ns-3 core
Bugs in models to fix