ns-3.29 is not yet scheduled but should be published 2 to 4 months after ns-3.28.
Of course, resolving all confirmed issues in our tracker is a priority. Here are a few more things we'd like to accomplish this cycle, and the names of people who volunteer to work on the issue.
- Finish the Python bindings scanning process using CastXML (Tom Henderson, Ankit Deepak, Gustavo Carneiro)
- Make ns-3 compatible with Windows Visual Studio (Robert Ammon)
- Get to zero Doxygen warnings (Robert Ammon, Tom Henderson)
- We are close; additional patches to merge (provided by Robert) are at: https://www.nsnam.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=938
- Launch the ns-3 app store (Tom Henderson, Abhijith Anilkumar)
- Beta site: http://ns-apps.ee.washington.edu
- Review and merge remaining summer project code (GSoC and SOCIS) (various project mentors)
- See this wiki page for links
- Other new features are listed on the tracker (some requiring reviews, and more work)
- PCF support (Sebastien Deronne)
- Wigig module (802.11ad)
- Westwood test suite
- Performance improvements, by replacing RFC algorithms with faster versions: do RFC + faster version in debug mode (checking for result equality), and disable RFC algorithms in release mode
- Split TcpSocketBase in three different source files: one for input, one for output, other for the state machine. 3000+ lines to read are a non-starter for educational purpose.
- Document the missing features when comparing ns-3 with Linux TCP.
- Some of them in some order... I still haven't an exact plan.
Stefano Avallone mentioned the following plans.
- introduce other qdiscs: prio
- help Pasquale and Tommaso to merge the netmap netdevice (SOCIS)
- if time permits, implement the Diffserv to IEEE 802.11 mapping as defined by draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11-09
- review and merge a few pending code reviews which implement other qdiscs (REM, BLUE, PI, PI2) and add ECN support to CoDel and PIE
Mohit P. Tahiliani and his students are working on the following issues
- Bug 2856: dumbbell-animation example breaks when RightCount > LeftCount (Status: patch submitted for review)