Basic sprint information
- IRC channel is #ns-3 at irc.freenode.net
What is a sprint?
A sprint is a scheduled time for ns-3 contributors to gather and focus their undivided attention on improving the code, documentation, or tests.
Sprints are open to anyone, and are conducted on IRC, and if needed, other virtual meeting technologies.
The Djanjo project has a good reference and links to some presentations all about coding sprints.
- Friday November 15, 14h00-20h00 UTC
- Topic: Documentation improvement. https://www.nsnam.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=938
- Read the general preparation below
- Make sure you have Doxygen installed on your system, and can run the shell script doc/doxygen.warnings.report.sh (it should generate a lot of warnings)
- Contact ns-3-users mailing list for help if you have trouble with the above
- Make sure that you can join the IRC channel
- Make sure you can checkout the development version of ns-3 (we will use ns-3-dev)
- Familiarize yourself with how to generate a patch against ns-3. Patches you write can be uploaded to Bugzilla or sent to one of the maintainers.
Once you're there
- Check in by letting others know that you've joined and are ready to contribute, and a maintainer will go from there