TCP Evaluation Suite - Summer Project 2016
- Student: Wasiq Mukhtar
- Abstract: The TCP evaluation Suite aims to provide a research friendly interface to compare various TCP extensions under different environment conditions and different scenarios.This project aims to tackle various issues in the TCP Evaluation Suite in ns-3 and to add more functionalities.
- Recommended Reading Common TCP Evaluation Suite RFC https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-iccrg-tcpeval-01
- Recommended Reading NS-2 installation guide to TCP https://tallercomunicaciones.wikispaces.com/file/view/tcpeval-manual-0.2.pdf
- Recommended Reading The TCP eval suite in ns-2 https://bitbucket.org/hayesd/tcp-evaluation-suite-public/
- About Me: I'm a 3rd year B.E undergraduate (Computer Science) studying in Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology-Bangalore, India.
- WIRELESS LAN I intend to BUILD a WIRELESS LAN scenario helper according to the standards presented by the /RFC
June 14 - June 21 = Outline the wireless lan module to be implemented. June 21 - July 07 = Develop the Wireless lan module. July 07 - July 14 = Buffer week in case of delays and documentation of code. July 14 = Submit code for mid term evaluation. July 14 - July 21 = Finalize next project goal and begin outlining the module. July 21 - August 14 = Start development of second project goal and related code. August 14 - August 21 = Buffer week for documentations and delays. August 21 = Submit code for final evaluation. August 21 - September 1 = Cool off period. Get feedback from mentors , improve code and documentation etc.
Week 1: This week was spend reading through the different material required to begin this project. Going through the RFC and understanding how the model should be implemented.
Week 2: The wireless lan module is to be developed as a helper class. With an initial assessment i see that the point-to-point-dumbell.cc does implement a similar scenario but all the nodes there are wired. The base files wireless-lan-helper.cc and wireless-lan-helper.h have been created and push to github.
- Mid Term The proposed completion of WIRELESS LAN is the 2nd week of July,by which i will present a version of my code to be reviewed by a panel of developers.
The Code is currently hosted on github. Link: https://github.com/wasiqmukhtar/tcp-eval.wasiq