ns-3.28 is undergoing initial planning (for maintainers to set the goals).
Of course, resolving all confirmed issues in our tracker is a priority. Here are a few more things we'd like to accomplish this cycle, and the names of people who volunteer to work on the issue.
- Improve (automate) the Python bindings scanning process using CastXML (Tom Henderson, Ankit Deepak)
- Make ns-3 compatible with Windows Visual Studio (Robert Ammon)
- Robert Ammon has been working hard on this and has material for review now: https://www.nsnam.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2726
- Review and merge all of the summer project code (GSoC and SOCIS) (various project mentors)
- See this wiki page for links
- Get to zero Doxygen warnings (Robert Ammon, Tom Henderson)
- We are close; additional patches to merge (provided by Robert) are at: https://www.nsnam.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=938
- Launch the ns-3 app store (Tom Henderson, Abhijith Anilkumar)
- Beta site: http://ns-apps.ee.washington.edu
- Scanning support (Tom Henderson)
- Improve block ack robustness (Tom Henderson and Sebastien Deronne)
- PCF support (Sebastien Deronne)
Further automate the generation of bindings using CastXML, as discussed here: https://www.nsnam.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2451#c22
- Revise and merge pacing at TCP layer
- Revise and merge TCP LP
- Cwnd Event
- Westwood test suite
- Performance improvements, by replacing RFC algorithms with faster versions: do RFC + faster version in debug mode (checking for result equality), and disable RFC algorithms in release mode
- Split TcpSocketBase in three different source files: one for input, one for output, other for the state machine. 3000+ lines to read are a non-starter for educational purpose.
- Document the missing features when comparing ns-3 with Linux TCP.
- Some of them in some order... I still haven't an exact plan.
Stefano Avallone mentioned the following plans.
- introduce other qdiscs: fifo, prio and token bucket (from GSoC)
- help Pasquale and Tommaso to merge the netmap netdevice (SOCIS)
- if time permits, implement the Diffserv to IEEE 802.11 mapping as defined by draft-ietf-tsvwg-ieee-802-11-09
- review and merge a few pending code reviews which implement other qdiscs (REM, BLUE, PI, PI2) and add ECN support to CoDel and PIE
- Bug 2413 - Changes in the UAN module to support NS-3 IP stack (patch submitted, pending final review)
- Bug 2805 - RFC6775-Neighbor Discovery Optimization for IPv6 (waiting for Tommaso recommendations)