Ns-3 on Visual Studio 2012
How to download
The ns-3 package is available for download using mercurial using the command below
hg clone http://code.nsnam.org/jabraham3/ns-3-win2
How to build
Open the solution file "ns-3-win2/windows/ns-3-dev/ns-3-dev.sln" using Visual Studio 2012. After all the projects are loaded do the following:
- From the menu click "Build" --> "Build Solution"
If all goes we should see a build log similar to the below
1> main.vcxproj -> C:\ws\test\ns-3-win2\windows\ns-3-dev\Debug\main.exe ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 34 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Running the main program
The "main" project is set as the "Startup" project. The "Startup" project contains the program with the 'main' function. The main project is set to run "third.cc". The executable can be run from the command-prompt by
C:\>cd windows\ns-3-dev\Debug ..Debug>main.exe
Changing the main program
To replace the default main program in the "main" project. Do the following:
- Select the "main" project
- Expand the "Source Files" filter
- Right-Click on the existing .cc file, which in a new installation is "third.cc" and select "Remove"
- Right-Click on "Source Files" --> "Add"
- In the popup-menu select "Existing Item" to add an existing source file or select "New Item" to create a new source file.
- At this point you can repeat the #How to build steps above to build the solution.