This is a living list of various issues and proposals that should be considered and revisited over time. For instance, a proposal to change something in the code or architecture (such as an API change), or to consider the reuse of some other project's code.
Discussion of these items should occur on the ns-developers list; this list is merely for archiving the items.
Note: We have a Bugzilla database for tracking bugs, patches, feature requests, and tasks; this list is for items that don't fit into those categories or maybe are not ready or major enough for Bugzilla tracking.
- Gustavo Carneiro's proposal to make the OS X build system use the environment variables. (See also: http://www.nsnam.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3)
- Gustavo's proposal to consider WAF instead of SCons
- how to handle endian issues
- Need for single Packet Peek/Remove method
- Gustavo's postings on source code style issues
- Gustavo suggests building ns-2 with waf instead of SCons
Code modules under discussion
- Various proposals for node architecture
- Mathieu Lacage's Thread API (See also this thread)
- Mathieu Lacage's tracing framework (WNS2 yans paper; see also the code in the ns-3 repository under src/common/ directory)