The ns-3.16 release (originally scheduled for Dec 12) has been delayed. The new anticipated date is Fri Dec 21.
Wed Nov 21 -- new feature freeze
Fri Dec 7 -- code freeze on ns-3-dev
a few more patches to marshal in
- Wed Dec 12 --
ns-3.16 releasedDelayed due to issues discussed on the mailing list.
- Mon Dec 17 -- First release candidate posted
- Thurs Dec 20 --
ns-3.17 released if no issues foundSecond release candidate posted.
- Fri Dec 21 -- ns-3.16 planned release date.
Proposed supported platforms
- Linux Ubuntu 12.10
- Linux Fedora 17 (also 18 beta)
- Linux Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2
- FreeBSD 9.0 amd64
- FreeBSD 8.2
Source tarball ns-allinone-3.16.tar.bz2.
Bake has been deferred to ns-3.17; we'll use the existing build system.
- LTE MAC Schedulers by Dizhi Zhou (GSoC 2012): http://codereview.appspot.com/6591047
- BRITE topology generator integration: http://codereview.appspot.com/6499120/
Bugs being worked
555: DCF immediate access bug Daniel L.
- 582: Tags are not serialized and deserialized from Packet::Serialize and Packet::Deserialize Peter Barnes
- Patchset 1: Add class Hash: generic hash function interface http://codereview.appspot.com/6357056/
- Patchset 2: Add hashes to TypeId. http://codereview.appspot.com/6344063/ <- being held out of ns-3.16
- Patchset 3: Refactor PacketTagList http://codereview.appspot.com/6354061/
- these have been deferred to ns-3.17
- 954: changing the simulation time resolution Peter Barnes
- proposing to back out of ns-3-dev
1342: tcp test case failure Brian Swenson
- 1456: update openflow distribution Tom Henderson
1501: Tcp test crash Brian Swenson
- 1502: Shutdown on tcp socket seems to misbehave Brian Swenson
1516: GtkConfigStore does not show read-only attributes Mitch Watrous
- 1520: config paths not documented in Doxygen for CsmaChannel (possibly others) Mitch Watrous
- mostly fixed
- 1522: jitter needed on Ipv4 ARP WaitReply timer Daniel L.
1525: Linker error with mpi on Mac 10.8 Peter Barnes/Brian Swenson
1531: Crash when using NS_LOG in destructors of static objects Peter Barnes
- 1540: bake not building click correctly Daniel Camara/Mitch Watrous
- 1542: adapt waf to find bake-built libraries Mitch Watrous