The release manager is Tom Henderson. Please contact him if you would like to participate in any way in preparing the ns-3.23 release.
- If you are interested in testing a particular feature that is planned for ns-3.23, see the section on this page for testing repos.
- If you are interested in helping with a code review of a specific feature that you'd like to see in ns-3.23, please leave your comments on the code review pertaining to the feature of interest.
- If you are interested to see that a specific bug be fixed, please email ns-developers mailing list, or the release manager. You will probably be asked to help with creating a patch or testing an existing patch for that bug, if so.
Release and development schedule
ns-3.23 was planned for Wednesday May 6 2015 but is likely to be released in the May 13 timeframe.
- Release candidate (posted May 7): http://www.nsnam.org/release/ns-allinone-3.23.rc1.tar.bz2
ns-3 makes roughly three releases per year (Dec/Jan, Apr/May, and Aug/Sept timeframes).
ns-3.23 will be packaged as a source tarball as before: ns-allinone-3.23.tar.bz2.
The tarball will contain:
- Latest version of pybindgen
- Latest version of netanim
where bake is used to fetch optional ns-3 components, including DCE.
A patch from ns-3.22 to ns-3.23 will also be posted.
We usually try to keep pace with the latest popular versions of Linux, OS X, and FreeBSD. For the ns-3.23 release, we plan to support the following systems and compilers:
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite with latest Xcode (6.3)
- Ubuntu 14.04, 14.10, and 15.04
- Fedora 21
- Debian 7 (gcc-4.9)
- FreeBSD 10 (clang 3)
- CentOS 6.6 (gcc-4.4.7)
Some repositories, based on a recent copy of ns-3-dev, are available for testing specific features.
Mobility Service Interface
Note: inclusion of this code will slip to ns-3.24
Python 3 support
Modifications to support Python 3 are available as part of a 2014 summer project, were planned for inclusion in this release cycle.
Note: This support will slip to ns-3.24 release cycle.
Pending repository changes
Developers are working or planning to work on the following new features for ns-3.23. Note: there is no guarantee that the features will be finished by the end of the release cycle, so check back for progress/status.
- Sebastien Deronne and Ghada Badawy are working on these bugs: