This page lists some statistics about the project:
- Number of publications involving ns-3: We do not maintain exact counts of publications. Google Scholar can be used to search for exhaustive lists of ns-3 publications, theses, technical reports, and references. A search of the ‘ns-3 simulator’ results since 2017 (excluding patents and citations) yields over 2000 links (with some false positives). The IEEE digital library lists 145 ns-3 publications for 2017, and the ACM digital library lists 2579 publications matching the search term ‘ns-3’ in 2017 (searched 1/22/18).
- ns-3-users group: As of January 2018, there were 8183 members of the ns-3-users group. The number of posts to the ns-3-users group can be viewed at this web page. In 2017, there were approximately 700 posts/month.
- ns-developers mailing list: The ns-developers mailing list is where software development discussions take place. As of January 2018, there were 1560 subscribers to this list.
- Number of authors: As of ns-3.27 release, 220 people are listed as authors in the AUTHORS file.
- Number of maintainers: ns-3 maintainers have responsibility and authority to oversee and maintain different portions of the codebase. As of ns-3.27 release, 23 people are listed as ns-3 maintainers.
- Number of downloads: The project has not been maintaining counts of downloads for the past few years. In 2016 (the last year counted), ns-3 releases were downloaded approximately 72,000 times from the main web server.