ns-3.28 was released on 22 March 2018 and features the following additions:
- IPv6 support for LTE: LTE UEs can now use IPv6 to send and receive traffic.
- TCP Pacing and TCP Low Priority (LP): Added TCP-LP congestion control, and added the core features of TCP Pacing.
- IP support for UAN: The UAN module now supports an IP stack, and added some examples for running raw, IPv4, IPv6, and 6LoWPAN over UAN.
- Extended addressing for LR-WPAN: Extended addressing mode is now supported.
- FIFO and TBF queue discs: Added a FIFO and Token Bucket Filter queue disc for the traffic control module.
Finally, the release includes numerous bug fixes and small improvements, listed in the RELEASE_NOTES.