This is the wiki page for the ns-3 training sessions being conducted on May 5-6, 2014 at Georgia Tech.
The flyer containing logistic information is posted here
The location is Klaus Advanced Computing Building, Room 1456.
For emergency contact, please email email@example.com
Training will start at 8:30am; feel free to arrive anytime after 8am.
We'll be running two sessions/morning and two sessions/afternoon, with coffee breaks in between, and a 90 minute lunch break. People will need to walk off site to get lunch (across the street).
We will provide coffee before the first session and at each break.
There will be video taping by the Ga. Tech audio visual team (the same people who record classes, seminars, etc.). Video of people in the audience will not be captured (i.e. there will be no camera shots of the audience) but audio questions from the audience may be picked up by the microphone.
Monday May 5
The goal of this day is a comprehensive overview of the simulator (what we can fit into one day). The instructors will be Tom Henderson and Walid Younes.
- 8:30-9:45 Session 1 ns-3 overview (Tom Henderson)
- 10:00-noon Session 2 ns-3 core (Tom Henderson)
- 1:30-3 Session 3 ns-3 tracing (Walid Younes)
- 3:15-5 Session 4 writing code for ns-3 (Tom Henderson)
Tuesday May 6
Tuesday's sessions will cover more advanced topics of ns-3.
- 8:30-9:45 Session 1 Wireless and mobile simulations (Daniel Lertpratchya)
- 10:00-noon Session 2 LTE simulations (Nicola Baldo)
- 1:30-2:30 Session 3 Distributed simulations (Ken Renard)
- 2:45-4:45 Session 4 Direct Code Execution and ns-3 emulation (Tom Henderson)
- 4:45-5:00 wrapup and Q/A
Nothing is strictly required, but working through the ns-3 tutorial is a good starting point, if you haven't already.
There are two tarballs to be used in training:
The recently updated example program:
All presentations will be hyperlinked from this wiki page (as they are made available).
- Session 1: ns-3 introduction (pptx)
- Session 2: ns-3 core (pptx)
- Session 3: ns-3 tracing (pptx)
- Session 3: writing ns-3 code (pptx)
- Session 5: ns-3 WiFi
- Session 6: ns-3 LTE
- Session 7: ns-3 distributed
- Session 8: ns-3 emulation and DCE